Last month hundreds of thousands people in 24 time zones and 80 countries walked to raise awareness and funds to prevent the 25 000 people dying every day - watch the video.
Some facts -
- 1.02 billion people do not have enough to eat - more than the populations of USA, Canada and the European Union.
- 25,000 people (adults and children) die every day from hunger and related causes.
- The number of undernourished people in the world increased by 75 million in 2007 and 40 million in 2008, largely due to higher food prices.
- Every six seconds a child dies because of hunger and related causes.
- More than 70 percent of the world's 146 million underweight children under age five years live in just 10 countries, with more than 50 per cent located in South Asia alone.
- 10.9 million children under five die in developing countries each year. Malnutrition and hunger-related diseases cause 60 percent of the deaths